34th "Red Bull" Division M-1 Plastic Liner by Westinghouse
The exterior has a hand painted 34th Infantry Division insignia on the front brow over the rivet head and eyelet and consists of a red steer’s skull on top of a black Mexican olla (earthenware vessel). The rest of the exterior is painted olive drab from the factory.
The interior suspension displays an odd arrangement as the headband has been twisted to the side. A large piece of the leather is missing, but one should notice the “clamped teeth” buckle on the left side is not where it is meant to be. The webbing is made of olive drab no. 3 Herringbone twill cotton and all components are fastened by black painted brass “A” washers (introduced in June 1944). The liner assembly and components place it in use during the later part of WWII
. Unfortunately, there are no personal markings that could help verify the soldier who wore this helmet.