German Luftwaffe M-40 Helmet, hkp64
This is a German Luftwaffe M-40 helmet from World War II (1939-1945). The helmet features a second pattern Luftwaffe eagle national emblem on the left side. The rest of the helmet is a blue-gray paint finish, the standard color of Luftwaffe helmets in WWII. On the inside is a partially torn M-31 suspension liner. The liner is attached to the liner band that is then itself fastened to the helmet by a set of three rivets. The shell was produced by Sächsische Emaillier- und Stanzwerke from Lauter, Germany.
|Germany||World War II|
|Infantry Helmet||1940 — 1942|
|Sächsische Emaillier- und Stanzwerke, Lauter|