United States Marine Corps M-1 Helmet, WWII
This American M-1 steel helmet and liner was used by a member of the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II (1939-1945). The shell was made by the McCord Radiator and Manufacturing Company around April or May of 1942.1 Features of the liner indicate that it was made sometime during 1943, by Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company.2 The back of the liner features the numbers "504" stenciled in yellow paint. A reversible (green/brown) camouflage cover conceals the rough green paint of the steel shell. The Marine Corps adopted these covers in September 1942. The two sides provided Marines with camouflage options in a variety of environments.3 The cover features a Marine Eagle, Globe, and Anchor (EGA) insignia stamped on the front.
|United States||World War II|
|Infantry Helmet||1941 — 1988|
|McCord Radiator and Manufacturing Company|