German Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery Officer's "Crusher" Cap
This is a visor cap worn by an officer of the German Kriegsmarine coastal artillery in World War II (1939-1945). It is made from field gray wool, designating the coastal artillery branch, with a green cap band and piping. Featured on the front is a first pattern gold Kriegsmarine eagle national emblem (introduced in 1934) above a gold wreath and cockade combination. This cap is in the old “crusher” style without frontal chin cords. Newspaper used to pad the inner sweatband is dated to 1943.
|Visor Hat||1935 — 1945|