SA-Standarte Feldherrnhalle M-35 Helmet
This is an SA-Standarte Feldherrnhalle Model 1935 steel helmet from Nazi Germany (1933-1945). The helmet has been repainted SA brown from its original factory slate gray finish. It features the Munich Feldherrnhalle (Field Marshal's Hall) and white, red, and black party insignia of the SA-Standarte Feldherrnhalle, the ceremonial guard of the Nazi Sturmabteilung (SA). The helmet liner is a standard Model 1931 suspension system with chinstrap. The manufacturer is Emaillierwerke A.G. out of Fulda, Germany, known by the acronym "EF."
The helmet dates from the middle to late 1930s according to the placement of the insignia. This pattern features the swastika shield on the right and the Feldherrnhalle memorial on the left. SA Feldherrnhalle helmets issued later in WWII featured this insignia in reverse: the Feldherrnhalle decal on the right and swastika shield on the left. The SA-Standarte Feldherrnhalle was originally created in 1936 and barracked in five different cities: Berlin, Munich-Erding, Stettin, Hattingen, and Stuttgart. A sixth unit was created in Vienna after the Anschluss in April of 1938. In 1938 a decal pattern with a Luftwaffe eagle on the left side and a Feldherrnhalle insignia on the right was also introduced.1
|Infantry Helmet||1935 — 1940|
|Emaillierwerke A.G., Fulda|